Technology is a deeply ingrained aspect of human civilisation. Apart from the Internet, we experience technological marvels in every moment of our lives. Be it the electric heater we use to stay warm on cold winter nights or the smart assistants we use to get all the news updates, we have become accustomed to technology being available everywhere.
At some point you may have felt tired with having to constantly keep up to date with the latest technological trends. That being said, technology if used well, can massively improve the quality of our lives. Let’s take a look at some examples of how technology can be used well and used responsibly to enrich our lives:
- Regulate your use of the Internet: The Internet is a magnificent creation. It has brought the entire world closer together, giving us experiences of far off places from the comfort of our homes. Many, for example, have found employment over the last year while the global economy was brought to its knees. Having an Internet connection with connectnationwide.com/windstream at home helped many, enabling them to work from home just as efficiently as from their office.
- Create separate accounts for work and personal browsing: Work and life balance is harder than ever for some, especially since the pandemic. With no end in sight, it is up to us that we learn how to divide our work and leisure time. One of the simplest tricks in the books is to create two different accounts on your machine so that you can log in at work and be productive during your clocking hours. Once you sign out, you can start using your personal account and not have any of your work-related material and apps there, helping you to keep away from the office post-office hours.
- Understand your sleep cycle and circadian rhythm: There are devices that monitor your sleep quality and circadian rhythm. This is especially a great investment for those who lost their discipline and disrupted their sleep cycle during the pandemic, e.g. thanks to binge-watching movies and series! Apart from lack of discipline, mental health conditions like stress, anxiety, and depression can cause people to sleep too much or too little. All of this can be monitored with the device to ensure you’re getting the appropriate amount of sleep, including your REM cycle and deep sleep. While too little deep sleep and REM sleep can lead to you feeling drained with a lack of creativity, too much of both can be just as detrimental. A sleep monitor will help you understand where you need to work with their expert guidance.
- Stay fit with smartwatches: Smartwatches are comprehensive devices that can track your day-to-day activities and help you to stay fit. From setting goals to walking a certain distance or number of steps, you can create tasks for yourself to accomplish. With many options to calculate your energy levels, calories burnt, and heart rate, you can use different modes while pursuing different activities like swimming, cycling, weight lifting, running, trekking and others. These devices will keep you on your toes and help you be more active with their sedentary alerts, making sure you move your body and not sit long hours at work. The smartwatches nowadays also allows you to receive calls, check notifications, messages and set up alarms.
- Eat healthier by subscribing to nutrition apps: Eating healthy can be a challenge for many who love to binge or skip meals. Since both are harmful and can cause eating disorders, a nutrition monitoring app can help you get back into shape. With a host of calorie charts and meal plans, you can pursue weight gain, weight loss, shred diets, keto and any others as per your fitness plan. While a smartwatch keeps you on the go, healthy eating apps keep you fuelled and well-nourished. The bonus aspect of such apps is finding healthy replacements of ingredients if you want to enjoy some cheat meals.
- Learn new things by taking online courses: College degrees are vital for our education, but there are other ways to learn if you don’t have the time to go back to school or are on a capital crunch. Today, you will find an affordable or free course to learn just about anything under the sun on online coaching platforms. With hundreds of hours worth of teaching time and study material, you can educate yourself at home with just a mobile device and the Internet.
Technology and the Internet more specifically represent wonderful creations that can help us excel in every area of our lives. However, the outcome completely depends on how we choose to use the technology. We hope that you’ll take the time to ponder your daily technology use, drawing on some of these ideas.